2016 Fairmont Hotels Kenya Engineering Manager Jobs
- Job Level: Management / Supervisory
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Travel: No
- Closing Date: 07.Oct.2016, 6:59:00 AM
- Job Number: KEN00626
- Engineering Manager
- Primary Location: Kenya-Mount Kenya-Fairmont Mount Kenya Safari Club
- Employee Status: Regular
Assists the Chief Engineer in the overall day to day operations and maintenance of Hotel plant and equipment in accordance with the set guidelines as per the Equipment manual and the standard Operating Procedures
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Leads by personal example and by following company’s mission / vision & guiding principles.
- Complies with the company’s code of conduct, employee hand book and Kenyan Law.
- Adopts a hands on approach to operations, be visible and monitor staff to achieve optimum results.
- Monitors the personnel of these operations to ensure guest receive prompt, cordial attention and personal recognition.
- Ensures staffs, particularly guest contact personnel, is familiar with Club Lounge members, known repeat guests, VIPs and provide special attention and recognition.
- Assumes overall responsibility for maintaining presentation standards to ensure plant equipment, facilities, OS&E and FF&E are clean, in good repair and well maintained.
- Monitors and controls the inventories of operating supplies and monitoring set control system follow up.
- Is responsible for the guest complaint follow up and guest complaint recovery process within Engineering Department
- Maintains a high standard of personal hygiene, dress, uniform and body language.
- Attends meetings as required by the General Manager and Chief Engineer
- Ensures that all activities are carried out honestly, ethically and within the parameters of the Kenyan Laws, hotel rules and regulations policies
- Ensures quality management and continuous improvement of internal systems and procedures.
- Maintains complete knowledge of all hotel services, features and hours of operations.
- Maintains high level of knowledge in reference to Fairmont Mount Kenya Safari Club products and services.
- Maintains high level of knowledge of the competitor’s products and services.
- Communicates Engineering activities to all departments concerned to ensure the smooth flow of operations and its flawless execution.
- Study, evaluate and review the operation constantly in order to ensure the highest standards are met at all times; proposing new trends /services to constantly improve product of guests services
- Plans and co-ordinates in-house activities with relevant division heads.
- Directs and supervises the implementation of an effective Trouble Report system, together with other day-to-day works of general maintenance and repair to ensure that the building, its contents and its surroundings are in good condition
- Identifies and arranges for all work necessary to maintain a high standard whether mechanical, electrical or civil, to be completed on time.
- Plays an active part in ensuring statutory testing of safety systems is carried out and properly recorded.
- Maintains an efficient record/ filing system as necessary in his own office.
- Produces a risk assessments including COSHH, PPE & Work Equipment.
- Assesses the long-term requirements of the hotel, including overhaul/ rehabilitation programs or renewal/ replacement works etc…
- Maintains a fire Log book including all statutory checks and inspections.
- Draws up preventive maintenance schedules for every item of mechanical and electrical plant or equipment, including that of other Departments such as Laundry, Kitchen, Swimming Pool, etc.,
- Incorporates these schedules into the development of a comprehensive preventive maintenance scheme; directs and supervises the work of his team of skilled and semi-skilled tradesmen in its continuous implementation.
- Provides competent hands-on skills to ensure all hotel systems including (but not limited to), electrical, sewage, plumbing, heating and lighting are maintained in good working order and to ensure any defects are corrected promptly and properly
- Ensures all hotel fixtures, fittings and equipment are maintained in good working order and that defects are corrected promptly.
- Conversant with the Local County Government By-laws and NEMA regulations
- Stays updated with the developments of Engineering trends worldwide and makes appropriate suggestions to the Chief Engineer and the General Manager
- Maximizes results coming from Fairmont Mount Kenya Safari Club relationships and partnerships.
- Ensures with the other departments concerned implementation and respect of all Fairmont Mount Kenya Safari Club statistics standards and ensures that Fairmont Mount Kenya Safari Club reporting standards and deadlines are always respected.
- Assists with hotel projects as may be required from time to time.
- Follows up on any other tasks or duties as assigned by Chief Engineer.
- Previous experience is an asset
- Tertiary Level qualification in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- Guest relation
- Strategic, planning, problem-solving and analytical
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and general computer skills
- At least 5 years in a Supervisory level in an international 5*hotel
- Excellent technical Maintenance, plumbing, electrical, mechanical, painting and carpeting knowledge
- Managerial, organizational and training skills
- Excellent presentation
- Excellent understanding of Engineering cost control and labor figures
APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
APPLY FOR FAIRMONT ENGINEER JOB HERE
Related Job Vacancies Listings