2016 Kenya Seed Company Head Of Processing & Engineering Job
Kenya Seed Company (KSC) Limited is a State Corporation operating as a commercial enterprise for profits under the Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock and Fisheries established under the Companies Act, Cap 486 with private shareholding. Its primary mandate is to produce and market top quality certified agricultural seeds to the farming community and contributes to food self sufficiency in the country. The Company is seeking to recruit talented, creative, competent and dynamic team players with proven track records to the following vacant positions:-
HEAD OF PROCESSING & ENGINEERING – Ref: (KSC/ADVT/003/2016)
Reporting to the Managing Director, the successful applicant will be responsible for providing strong leadership to the department on all matters pertaining to the Processing and Engineering function.
Duties and responsibilities
- Manage all aspects of seed processing and mechanical operations of the Company’s seed processing plants.
- Conduct performance reviews and coordinate continuous improvement initiati
- Provide the required professional leadership to the Processing and Technical services team in the department to ensure an environment of highest standards of performance discipline and teamwork.
- Promote the highest standards of integrity and transparency in all operations and related management practices.
- Develop and implement an effective and efficient Seed Processing Plan
- Plan, control and ensure timely maintenance of all factory equipment/machinery.
- Monitor production efficiency and effectiveness and implement corrective action plans as and when necessary.
- Provide management with technical advice on all engineering and processing matters
- Coordinate work patterns/arrangements and operations to ensure smooth and efficient running of the
- Ensure adherence to all environmental, health and safety regulations and practices.
- Carry out appropriate modifications to improve/sustain operations.
- Ensure timely procurement/replenishment of relevant spare parts that meet the quality standards and specifications of such parts and equipment.
- Coordinate regular maintenance and repairs of processing and other equipment used in the operations.
- Prepare and submit management reports in a timely manner.
- Prepare and control the departmental budget.
- Effectively control the usage of seed dressing chemicals and packaging materials,
- Ensure proper functioning and maintenance of the weighbridges and other weighing and measuring equipment.
- Plan, control and manage materials, human and all other resources to ensure optimal utilization.
- Liaise with Production, Marketing, Quality Assurance and “KEPHIS” in the seed processing operations to ensure timely delivery of Quality Seeds,
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Managing Director from time to time.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant engineering field from a recognized university.
- Masters degree in Processing/Engineering related field is an added advantage
- Must be registered with the Institute of Engineers of Kenya (IEK)
- Hold a valid practicing certificate
- Have a minimum of eight (8) years post qualification experience five (5) of which must be at senior management level gained in a large manufacturing entity. Experience gained in agricultural sector would be an added advantage.
- Have good communication and interpersonal and analytic skills
- Demonstrable exposure to a computerized working environment
- Demonstrable knowledge of strategic management processes
- Comply with Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010
- Be of high level of integrity and accountability
- Team player
In addition, all applicants should submit certified copies of the clearance certificates from the following Institutions:-
- Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI)
- Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Ethics and Anti Corruption Commission (EACC)
- Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Appointment to the above positions will be on a 3 year contract term.
Applicants who meet the criteria given above should submit their applications together with their updated CV, copies of certificates/testimonials and ID and provide details of their day time telephone contacts, current and expected salary, notice period required to take up appointment where successful, and names and contacts of three referees, to be delivered or mailed so as to reach the Managing Director at the Address below not later than 28th July 2016. All envelopes/applications should have the Job Reference number clearly marked.
The Managing Director,
Kenya Seed Company ltd,
PO Box 553- 30200
Kenya Seed Company Ltd. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, gender and/or disability. Lack of inclusion of all copies of documentation/details as sought for or any form of canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification. Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
Related Job Vacancies Listings