AATF Project Assistant Job Vacancies
The African Agricultural Technology Foundation (AATF) is an international not-for-profit organisation that facilitates, and promotes public/private partnerships to access, develop, adapt and deliver appropriate agricultural technologies for sustainable use by smallholder farmers in Sub-Saharan Africa. (See our website www.aatf-africa.org ).
Background: AATF wishes to recruit a Project Assistant. This position will report to the Senior Manager–Deployment,
- Support project operations, administrative duties, including office and field work, and monitoring activities to ensure timely delivery of milestones.
- Assist in prioritizing project activities in the annual work plan
- Assist in formulation and implementation of detailed project work plans, including clearly defined milestones and timelines.
- Facilitate collection and analysis of project information and data as per the assigned work plan as well as generating quality project reports
- Prepare and submit quality technical reports when required, clearly detailing the project status in appropriate format.
- Assist with preparation of manuscripts for publications, power point presentations and undertake literature search for articles and presentations
- Provide logistical support essential for scheduling and conduct of project meetings
(For detailed job description refer on the AATF website)
QUALIFICATIONS: Suitable candidates must have a minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Agricultural or related sciences from a recognized university. Holders of a Master’s degree in Agricultural or related sciences will have added advantage. Two years’ experience in implementation of projects in the agricultural sector, experience in field work, data collection, analysis and report writing is essential. The candidate must be highly proficient in the use of computer and relevant softwares used in research and development. She/he should have great capacity to learn and capable of working under pressure.
COMPENSATION AND TENURE: AATF offers a competitive salary and benefits package, and a collegial and gender-sensitive working environment. The employment contract is for an initial period of 2 years, renewable subject to performance and availability of funding.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Qualified candidates are invited to submit their applications together with a detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) to the Human Resource Head firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 10th June 2016. Your CV should include details of your qualifications, experience, current position, telephone contact, email address, names and addresses of three referees.